The project aims to strengthen the Quality Assurance (QA) system in Higher Education (HE) in Albania by developing a comprehensive national and unified QA framework in Albania, aiming to build the capacities for the actors involved in this process and developing a methodology based on concrete results regarding QA and self-assessment, or internal evaluation of HE institutions; promoting the participation of students and academic staff in the institution's self-assessment.
What is expected of this project:
- A general national framework, legitimate for QA
- Internal evaluation Methodology closely related to external evaluation
- Professionally prepared actors from all partners
- A strong support for establishing a tradition of involving students and academic staff in the process
The partners in this project are national and international.
International Partners (EU):
- University of Koblenz-Landau (coordinator and contractor)
- Quality Assurance Netherlands Universities (QANU)
- Université du Maine – Le Mans
- Centro Studi ed iniziative Europeo (CSIE)
- College of Information Management, Business Administration and Law Vltavska
Partners from Albania:
- Ministry of Education and Sports (MAS)
- Public Higher Education Accreditation Agency (PAAHE) (coordinator)
- “Fan.S.Noli” University
- University of Tirana (Faculty of Law)
- University of Elbasan, Aleksander Xhuvani
- “Aleksander Moisiu” University, Durres
- Private University 'European University of Tirana
- Shkolla e Lartë Universitare Private ‘Pavarësia’,
- Shkolla e Lartë Universitare private “American University of Tirana”
From December 16 to December 21, 2013, the first meeting of all TEMPUS-ENCHASE Project partners was held, led by the project coordinator and project contractor Prof. Serge Chernyshenko, Koblenz-Landau University, Germany.
All partners were presented with their presentations, reflecting on their work and what was expected of them in this project. Some issues were discussed for the next meeting (March 2014, in Tirana).
Local Coordinator for Albanian Institutions Elected Clirim Duro representative of PAAHE.